Jung Yong Hwa (정용화); born on June 22, 1989) is a South Korean musician, singer-songwriter and actor. His first name is also written as Yonghwa, Yong-Hwa, or Yong-hwa. Jung made his acting debut as “Kang Shin-woo” in the Korean drama You’re Beautiful on 7 October 2009 before officially debuting as a singer. In February 2010, he was paired with Seohyun of Girls’ Generation as part of a virtually wedded couple, YongSeo Couple (Hangul: 용서커플), for MBC’s popular TV show We Got Married. They filmed their final episode of We Got Married on 15 March 2011. He later starred as the male lead, “Lee Shin” in the 2011 drama Heartstrings. Jung is currently the leader, lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist of the rock band CNBlue.
- Origin: born in Seoul on June 22, 1989 (age 26) then moved to Busan, South Korea in 1991
- Occupations: Musician, singer-songwriter, arranger, actor, guitarist, rapper, MC, model, tv show host…and expert Noona Killer
- Instruments Played: Guitar, clarinet, piano, drums, recorder, synthesizer, and is also know for his beatboxing skills
- Height, Weight: 180CM (5’10), 63 KG
- Star sign: Cancer
- Blood Type: A
- Yonghwa is the youngest of two boys. His older brother spent time in the States and lived in Seattle, Washington.
- Before CNBLUE‘s debut, Yonghwa worked hard to support his band bros during his first acting gig on ‘You’re Beautiful’. He even paid for Jungshin‘s braces.
- CNBLUE‘s album ‘Re: BLUE‘ is the band’s first Korean release to include a self written title track, ‘I’m Sorry’ which was penned by Yonghwa.
- In 2012, Jung Yonghwa was voted Idol ‘King’ by his own peers & voted most likely to succeed in a solo career.
- Also in 2012, Yonghwa wrote, composed & gifted two songs ‘Fool’ & ‘Love Is Only You‘ for fellow FNC artists’ JUNIEL & AOA respectively.
- 2013 Yonghwa mentioned that he would like to have a ‘World Tour’ and visit NYC. His wish finally came true when the band performed at NYC’s Best Buy Theatre January 21, 2014 for their ‘BLUE MOON’ world tour.
- Jung Yonghwa is the second Idol to win coveted title of ‘Star King’
- The LA Dodgers invited special guest Yonghwa to sing the S.K. national anthem for the Korean Heritage Night on May 27, 2014.
- In late 2014, Yonghwa is set to release his first solo album. The new venture is said to include collaborations from several popular music artists
- Jung Yonghwa is currently working on tvN‘s drama ‘The Three Musketeers’ which is contracted for three years.